The Ken Kennedy Institute at Rice University is proud to collaborate with Rice affiliates and industry leaders to offer both memorial and honorary fellowship awards through its graduate fellowship program that help to provide educational opportunities to graduate students studying computational science and engineering at Rice.
With generous funding from the Department of Computer Science and Cray Inc., the Ken Kennedy Institute is honored to support and offer the following fellowships:
- Andrew Ladd Memorial Excellence in Computer Science Graduate Fellowship
- Ken Kennedy – Cray Inc. Graduate Fellowship
Requirements and Important Information:
- Fellowship funds disbursed as follows:
- Student: Will receive funding on top of the student’s current stipend (Kennedy-Cray for $6,500 / Ladd for $5,000)
- Advisor: Will receive funding to be allocated to a designated fund managed by student’s advisor (Ken Kennedy - Cray Inc. Fellowship only for $1,000)
Applications must include CV, one page research statement, and unofficial transcript. Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the letter of recommendation is sent to the Ken Kennedy Institute via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fellowship review committee made up of Rice faculty will meet to select the fellowship recipients in late October/early November. Sponsoring companies are also involved in the selection process. Fellowship recipients will be announced in November.
For additional information, please contact the Ken Kennedy Institute at email@example.com.