The Ken Kennedy Institute, established in 1987, is an interdisciplinary group that works collaboratively on groundbreaking research in artificial intelligence, data, and computing to solve critical global challenges. We enable new conversations that drive convergent research, impact the development of new technology, and advance training and education. The Ken Kennedy Institute (K2I) is the virtual home of over 250 renowned faculty and senior research members at Rice University. Our members are moving the needle in research and innovation to serve society, with disciplines spanning engineering, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, business, architecture, and music. Our partnerships in the computational sciences promote research, innovation, and entrepreneurship across academia, industry, and the community. We are continually seeking out new opportunities for collaboration; email us today to learn more or get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We envision a world where innovation in artificial intelligence, data, and computing improves the human condition.
The Ken Kennedy Institute is an interdisciplinary group that works collaboratively on groundbreaking research in artificial intelligence, data, and computing. We foster a clear and strategic pathway to real-world impact by enabling new conversations that drive innovative research, develop new technology, and advance professional training opportunities.
The Ken Kennedy Institute Impact: Our Events and Activities
- Data Science Coast to Coast Seminar Series
- Distinguished Lectures
- Energy High-Performance Computing Conference
- AI in Health Conference
- Machine Learning Boot Camp
- MD Anderson Cancer Partnership
- Seed Funding
- Research Communities
We Collaborate with Various Institutes and Centers at Rice University
- Baker Institute
- Center for Computational Finance
- Center for Research Computing
- Center for Theoretical Biological Physics
- Data to Knowledge Lab
- Earth Science Center for Computing
- Gulf Coast Consortia
- Kinder Institute for Urban Research
- Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Medical Humanities Research Institute
- Rice 360 Institute for Global Health Technologies
- Rice Advanced Materials Institute
- Rice Neuroengineering Initiative
- Rice Space Institute
- Scalable Health Labs
- Smalley-Curl Institute
- Spatial Studies Lab
- SSPEED Center
Download the Ken Kennedy Institute Logo
Right click the logo below to download.