The Computer Science Department partnered with the Ken Kennedy Institute to annually award the Andrew Ladd Memorial Excellence in Computer Science Graduate Fellowship in the amount of $5,000 to a well-qualified graduate student in Computer Science.
This fellowship has been made possible by the Andrew Ladd Memorial Excellence Fund in Computer Science, established in honor of the late Dr. Andrew Ladd by his parents Mr. and Mrs. Stuart Ladd, his sister Ms. Kelly Ladd, and his widow Dr. Fumiko Chino. Andrew Ladd excelled in his studies at Rice University and received his M.S. and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Rice University, Houston, Texas in 2003 and 2006, respectively.
To read more about Andrew Ladd and his work, click here.
- Graduate student must be a student in the Computer Science Department at Rice University.
- The candidate selected to receive the fellowship is not eligible for other Rice fellowships.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have already started their thesis research.
- Tianyang Pan, Computer Science
- Nicolae Sapoval, Computer Science
- Zhiwei Zhang, Computer Science
- Jiarong Xing, Computer Science
- Afsaneh Rahbar, Computer Science
- Eleni Litsa, Computer Science
- Keren Zhou, Computer Science
- Wen Dingqiao, Computer Science
- Suguman Bansal, Computer Science
- Ryan Luna, Computer Science
- Kuldeep Singh, Computer Science