The following industry sponsored, one-year graduate fellowships are available to graduate students pursuing research related to high performance computing, computational science & engineering, and data science. Consideration will be given to students with a focus on high performance computing, software technology, modeling and simulation, data analytics & machine learning, industrial internet of things and user experience & data visualization. While we are using a common application, only one industry sponsored fellowship will be awarded per student. For more information on each fellowship and a list of past fellowship recipients, please visit the links for each sponsor.
Past Fellowship Sponsors
Applications are closed for the 2022-2023 award cycle. Applications for 2023 will open in October.
Requirements and Important Information:
- Candidate must be registered at Rice for the entire calendar year for which he/she is nominated
- Candidate must not be in his/her last year of study
- Candidate must be willing to visit with the various companies funding the Ken Kennedy Institute's industry sponsored graduate fellowships
- Candidate should be willing to consider a paid industry internship
- All recipients will be required to present a poster during the annual Energy High Performance Computing Conference
- Applicants are limited to receiving a fellowship to two times.
- Fellowship funds disbursed as follows:
- Student: Will receive funding on top of the student’s current stipend ($6,500)
- Advisor: Will receive funding to be allocated to a designated fund managed by student’s advisor ($1,000)
Applications must include CV, one page research statement, and unofficial transcript. Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the letter of recommendation is sent to the Ken Kennedy Institute via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although not guaranteed, fellowship sponsor companies may consider fellowship recipients for future internships. We strongly urge students to engage with the fellowship sponsoring companies by visiting and participating in various career events hosted by the companies.
The fellowship review committee made up of Rice faculty will meet to select the fellowship recipients in late October/early November. Sponsoring companies are also involved in the selection process. Fellowship recipients will be announced in November.
For additional information, please contact the Ken Kennedy Institute at email@example.com.