The Ken Kennedy Institute at Rice University is proud to collaborate with Rice affiliates and industry leaders to offer both memorial and honorary fellowship awards through its graduate fellowship program that help to provide educational opportunities to graduate students studying computational science and engineering at Rice.
With generous funding from the Department of Computer Science and Cray Inc., the Ken Kennedy Institute is honored to support and offer the following fellowships:
- Andrew Ladd Memorial Excellence in Computer Science Graduate Fellowship
- Ken Kennedy – Cray Inc. Graduate Fellowship
For more information on each fellowship please visit the links on this page.
Fellowship application period for 2020-2021 has closed. Fellowship recipients will be announced in November.
Applications were due Monday, October 12, 2020 by midnight CST. Faculty recommendation letters were due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2020.
Requirements and Important Information:
- Fellowship funds disbursed as follows:
- Student: Will receive funding on top of the student’s current stipend
- Advisor: Will receive funding to be allocated to a designated fund managed by student’s advisor (Ken Kennedy - Cray Inc. Fellowship only)
- Travel award: A portion of the award will provide funding to help support industry/research student travel (Ken Kennedy - Cray Inc. Fellowship only)
Applications must include CV, one page research statement, and unofficial transcript. Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the letter of recommendation is sent to the Ken Kennedy Institute via email to email@example.com.
The fellowship review committee made up of Rice faculty will meet to select the fellowship recipients in late October/early November. Sponsoring companies are also involved in the selection process. Fellowship recipients will be announced in November.
For additional information, please contact the Ken Kennedy Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.